Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UberSVN localhost Apache stack OK with other *AMP stacks? E.g. Acquia Dev Desktop?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UberSVN localhost Apache stack OK with other *AMP stacks? E.g. Acquia Dev Desktop?

Is UberSVN localhost Apache stack OK with other *AMP stacks? E.g. Acquia Drupal Dev?

* = Linux (LAMP), Mac (MAMP), Windows (WAMP)

I develop with Drupal (drupal.org) a web content management/service/framework for building websites. I have internet hosting but I also do some work on my local machine before releasing it onto an internet server. My local setup is an Acquia Desktop Dev which consists of an Apache server, MySQL database, PHP and drupal, so-called DAMP stack (Drupal Apache MySQL PHP).

So if I had Acquia Desktop Dev and UberSVN running locally on my own machine, I effectively have 2 Apache servers. Is this a problem?

I am guessing that it should not be, i.e. they should co-exist and run together with no problem, because:

- Both activated by the user running their respective applications, just like starting any other application (e.g. in Windows). So even if there was a clash of some sort, I could choose run one or the other, but not at the same time.
    - They can use different IP ports, so if they are both running they won't clash with ports
    - They are separate independent programs, so they have their own work space, coupled with their own ports then they should be like any other daemon/process (Linux/Unix) or Windows Service.

I guess there is only one way for me to find out, to try it!

My only other concern is performance, would having both installed, even if not running, effect performance, e.g. if they add things to the start up sequence or entries in the Windows registry (for example).

Comments?
    Last edited by arjaydavis; 11-01-2011, 11:36 PM. Reason: should *not* be a problem

Originally posted by arjaydavis View Post
    I guess there is only one way for me to find out, to try it!
    Indeed, as long as you are running the other Apaches on different ports to the uberSVN Apache and the uberSVN Tomcat all should be well.

Comment

Working...
    X