Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browse repository - timeout

Hello,

I'm new to userSVN and to version control systems in general.

I've installed uberSVN onto my Win2k3 server and have also installed TortoiseSVN on my dev machine. I've created a repository through the uberSVN admin interface and imported a folder from the dev machine, then downloaded a working copy from the server.

I just tried to browse the repository from the uberSVN admin interface and it times out. Any suggestions as to why this is happening? Everythng else seems to be working properly so far.

Hi,

When you install uberSVN with Windows it's easy to leave http://127.0.0.1 set as the server name rather than change it to the actual IP of the server (This value comes from your browser during the setup process). If you don't change this the Repo Browser will not be available from your remote machine.

Also did you change the port number at all for Subversion after you installed, as we've seen this cause a problem with the repo browser?

Thanks for choosing uberSVN anyway - I'm sure we can sort this one out for you.

Ian

Comment

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the response. I set the server IP to be the WAN IP of the server when I installed it. I'm using the default 9900 port for https, but I changed the other ports to be non-default.

Dan

Comment

OK Dan, I think that's the issue then. I'm afraid it's a bug of ours. It will be fixed for new installs in the release we're doing early next week, but we may have a problem in resolving this remotely for you. I will speak to the developer responsible for this part of the tool for you and see if there's a quick way to fix it manually.

Ian

Comment

So would changing ports fix the probelm?

Comment

It may well be that going back to the default will fix it - I don't have the details of the bug report in front of me so I apologise I can't answer that 100%.

Ian

Comment

Ok thanks for the help... I'll wait for the release next week.

Dan

Comment

Working...
              X