Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LDAP problem with uberSVN #12.7-0693 SVN - 1.7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LDAP problem with uberSVN #12.7-0693 SVN - 1.7

    I installed uberSVN #12.7-0693 SVN-1.7 in my windows XP computer and enabled LDAP. For using LDAP for uber login authentication, it works. But when I apply the LDAP location settings to repos, I received "500 Internal Server Error" when I use TortoiseSVN client to check out this repo. I try to capture some packets between SVNServer and AD server. For uber login, the SVNServer uses the Bind User DN and Bind User Password that I set to send the bind request, and then send some search requests which are all success. For repo checking out, the SVNServer uses something like <ROOT> and no password to send the bind request, and then send search requests. The respond to bind seems to be successful. But the search requests are failed with the response "In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection." The difference between two authentication procedures is that different username are used to send the bind request.

    The content of 35-ldap.conf is:

    <AuthnProviderAlias ldap mydomainname.local>
    AuthLDAPURL "ldap://dc.mydomainname.local:389/DC=mydomainname,DC=local?sAMAccountName?sub?(objec tCategory=person)"
    AuthLDAPBindDN "myusername@mydomainname.local"
    AuthLDAPBindPassword myuserpassword
    </AuthnProviderAlias>

    The correspondint content of 50-repositories.conf is:

    <Location /Test>
    DAV svn
    SVNPath "C:\Program Files\WANdisco\uberSVN\repositories\Test"
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "mydomainname.local"
    AuthBasicProvider mydomainname.local
    AuthzLDAPAuthoritative on
    Require valid-user
    AuthzSVNAccessFile "C:\Program Files\WANdisco\uberSVN\conf\svn.authz"
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from all
    SVNAutoversioning On
    </Location>

    Thank you very much for your help.

  • #2
    During these days, I also install UberSVN on a Windows 7 system with the same configurations. Same problem is encountered.
    It seems that the UberSVN server establishes multiple connections to the active directory server. One of the connections use the correct username and password in the bind request. The others use "<ROOT>" to bind and then send search requests. These requests are rejected with the response "In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection." Anyway, the UberSVN server finally returns 500 to the svn client.

    If I use UberSVN internal managemet for the user authentication. The client can access the repo without any problem. So the bug may be in the LDAP modules.
    Last edited by athody; 08-20-2012, 02:24 AM. Reason: Miss some information.

    Comment


    • #3
      athody, if you search "LDAP UberSVN" you will find 100s of forum posts talking about uberSVN's LDAP problems. I've been trying to debug mine for a year and have yet to get it to work. Now I'm so desperate to figure it out that I'm writing in 15 month old posts. Lol

      Comment

      Working...
      X