No announcement yet.

Bug: Space in LDAP:Bind User DN name causes syntax error in apache config file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug: Space in LDAP:Bind User DN name causes syntax error in apache config file

Bug: Space in LDAP:Bind User DN name causes syntax error in apache config file

i used the name 'ldap searcher' as my Bind User DN.

at *server*/ubersvn/views/platform/administration/editUberLDAPLocation.jsf

the ui accepted this name without complaint,

i was able to use the test ldap connection and retrieve users functions without error,

but this caused apache to silently fail to restart as i changed other options through the admin user interface ( which lead tto much confusion ). Restarting via the windows services panel would fail without giving a very helpful error,

eventually i was able to track down the issue by running httpd.exe from the command line,

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Administrator>cd "c:\Program Files (x86)\WANdisco\uberSVN\bin"

c:\Program Files (x86)\WANdisco\uberSVN\bin>httpd.exe
    [Fri Jun 08 13:54:44 2012] [warn] module dav_svn_module is already loaded, skipping
    [Fri Jun 08 13:54:44 2012] [warn] module authz_svn_module is already loaded, skipping
    Syntax error on line 3 of C:/Program Files (x86)/WANdisco/uberSVN/conf/conf.d/35-ldap.conf:
    AuthLDAPBindDN takes one argument, DN to use to bind to LDAP server. If not provided, will do an

C:/Program Files (x86)/WANdisco/uberSVN/conf/conf.d/35-ldap.conf:
    <AuthnProviderAlias ldap someserver>
    AuthLDAPURL ldap://xxxxxxx
    AuthLDAPBindDN ldap searcher
    AuthLDAPBindPassword xxxxxxx
    </AuthnProviderAlias>

manually editing 35-ldap.conf and putting single quotes around 'ldap searcher' fixed the issue for me,

Version:
    WANdisco 2012 - #12.4-9777 SVN - 1.7
    running on windows 7 pro

Is there a more appropriate place to report this?
    Last edited by conormc; 06-08-2012, 09:41 PM.

Hy conormc,

i have the same bug. You can use the full qualified username to avoid this problem.

So you can use instead of "ladap searcher" for f.e. "myintranet\ladapsearcher" => this works well for me

Bind User DN: myintranet\ladapsearcher
    Bind User Password: ********

Greetings
    Mike

Comment

Working...
    X