Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

uberSVN upgrade failing to complete?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • uberSVN upgrade failing to complete?

    I am running uberSVN version 11.12 build 8540 (after update). The uberSVN server is running on a Windows 2008 x32 server that is kept fully updated. I generally use Internet Explorer 9 when I am on the uberSVN site. I started the update yesterday at 5pm CST. Every update reports sucessful update except for the Subversion 1.7 Binaries. When I initialized the update, the uberSVN server was running the 1.7 svn server. When the update hadn't completed by 5:30pm CST. I used the svn switch tab under the administrators tab to switch to the Subversion 1.6 server in case the update was trying to use a file that was currently in use. According to the page, the 1.7.2 binary updates are still being installed more than 12 hours later! I have tried refreshing, logging off and logging back on, and rebooting the box. Any other suggestions?

    uberSVNupdateissue.JPG

  • #2
    Hi wmckeon,

    We issued another update late last week to address a couple of niggles with the original release, 8540. Could you try searching for new updates and see if you get anything back?


    Thanks

    Wayne

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi,

      I'm sorry you're having difficulty finishing the update to your uberSVN installation.

      Can you please post any errors you are getting at the bottom of your ubersvn.log?

      Thanks,
      Mat

      Comment


      • #4
        Wayne,

        I detect the new updates, but since the 1.7 binaries are still "installing" the button on the bottom of the updates page is grayed out with the message "Install in Progress"

        Mat,
        My ubersvn.log through my ubersvn.log.5 only contain the message below with different dates:
        [19 Dec 2011 06:13:31] INFO (?) - Loading updated package versions from file: C:\Program Files\WANdisco\uberSVN\updated.db
        ...
        [16 Dec 2011 06:08:19] INFO (?) - Loading updated package versions from file: C:\Program Files\WANdisco\uberSVN\updated.db

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks for getting back to us, wmckeon.

          Can you try something for me?

          Right-click/save-link-as http://mbooth.fedorapeople.org/updated.db to C:\Program Files\WANdisco\uberSVN\updated.db

          After 5 minutes or so, uberSVN should correct itself. Then, if uberSVN has not done so, delete C:\Program Files\WANdisco\uberSVN\updated.db and then you should be able continue and update properly to the latest version.

          Once again, sorry for the inconvenience.

          Comment


          • #6
            Mat,

            Thanks. That seems to have fixed it. I was able to update to the latest version.

            Will

            Comment


            • #7
              Glad you got it fixed

              Comment

              Working...
              X