Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows domain users authentication

Hi,
    it will be possible in the future use Windows domain users in uberSVN?. Currently we use SVN and we do.

Thank you.

Are these users' credentials ultimately stored in an Active Directory LDAP server?

Comment

Thank you for your response.

Yes, users are stored in a Microsoft Active Directory server.

Comment

Yes you can configure uberSVN to authenticate against LDAP from right within the web administration console.

Comment

Originally posted by vinnyjames View Post
          Yes you can configure uberSVN to authenticate against LDAP from right within the web administration console.
          Hi, I don't see Default LDAP tab in my admin console. I just have a fresh install of uberSVN-1104_beta. Any idea?
          Thanks

Comment

I just upgraded to 1106, can see the Default LDAP tab now, but don't know how to configure to work with Windows Server 2003 Active Directory

Comment

Originally posted by phuong View Post
              I just upgraded to 1106, can see the Default LDAP tab now, but don't know how to configure to work with Windows Server 2003 Active Directory
              Hi phuong,

Documentation on the usage of the LDAP feature can be found here.

Hope this helps

Many thanks

Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by wmellors View Post
                Hi phuong,

Documentation on the usage of the LDAP feature can be found here.

Hope this helps

Many thanks

Wayne
                Hi Wayne,

Thanks so much for replying. But, because of my stupidity, i don't know the parameters values to fill in the LDAP setting page

Comment

It's always fun (and probably needs some trial and error) setting up LDAP with Subversion. What I recommend is that you use one of the guides Google throws up for configuring Active Directory with Subversion. uberSVN just lets you configure all the Apache settings as per any of these guides, so you just need to follow one of those through.

Good luck,

Ian

Comment

Hi phuong,

LDAP and Active Directory are relatively complicated systems that will need you to have an understanding of how they work, well ahead of time. Apologies if you already do, I'm assuming a little here

I'd suggest starting somewhere like here and then moving onto SVN-specific LDAP setup, which is essentially what we replicate into the uberSVN Portal. Something like this may help.

Hope this helps to point you in the right direction.

Thanks

Wayne

Comment

Hi,
                      I've just done it successfully
                      Really awesome,
                      Thanks, guys

Comment

Great news!

Comment

I've been with MS Team Foundation Server for few years. Now, moving to SVN for my team. Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by phuong View Post
                            I've been with MS Team Foundation Server for few years. Now, moving to SVN for my team. Love it!
                            Fantastic to hear that!

Please do let us know if you have any suggestions or improvements for uberSVN. We'll be opening up a new section on ubersvn.com soon, where everyone can suggest a feature or vote up/down what's already there.

Thanks

Wayne

Comment

Working...
                            X