Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't perform mege correctly

Hello!

I occur such problem: During merge from branch to trunk - files from trunk are symply replaced by files from branch, but I want to merge them...

In detais:

1. I'm creating a branch
    2. Branch is strongly rewrited. Some files are overwritten by files from other source.
    3. I'm merging to trunk (folder xxx) in such a way:

Code:
    svn merge --reintegrate svn://server/svn/branch/xxx
    So, instead of code of files in trunk/xxx will be combined with branch/xxx, files from branch are replacing files form trunk.

Hi,

In this simple case you shouldn't use the --reintegrate option. If you checked out a working copy from trunk you can just do the svn merge as you described but without the --reintegrate option.

Kind regards
    Karl Heinz Marbaise

Comment

kama, unfortunately your advice didn't help me.

Any other ideas?

Comment

Hi,
        how did you create the branch ?

Kind regards
        Karl Heinz Marbaise

Comment

kama, I created branch like that:

Code:
          svn copy svn://server/svn/project/Trunk svn://server/svn/project/Tags/projectCopy -m "comment"

Comment

Originally posted by CHEM_Eugene View Post
            Hello!
            I occur such problem: During merge from branch to trunk - files from trunk are symply replaced by files from branch, but I want to merge them...
            Does this happen for every file? In SVN 1.5, if you moved/renamed a file on a branch and then reintegrated to the trunk, any changes you had made on the trunk in the meantime would be lost. With SVN 1.6, this is now flagged as a tree conflict.

Comment

Working...
            X