Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to disable the delete option in subversion in Myeclipse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to disable the delete option in subversion in Myeclipse?

Hello
    I am using svn system to have a version control of my project. I am using Myeclipse IDE . When i am selecting a file from the svn repository there is Delete option . So the user can delete the file from the repository. I want to disable the delete option so that i can provide a facility to my project no other person can't delete my project from the repository but he can read/write my project from the repository.

Is there any commands to disable the delete function.

deletion of objects

Hi Sowjanya,
    there are 2 solutions to this problem, but you need direct write-access to the repository:
    1. Use user-management. You could set up your repository in a way that write access is restricted to persons with an account.
    For svnserve: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/c...-ch-6-sect-3.2
    or for apache server: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/c...-ch-6-sect-4.3

2. You could use Hook-skripts to prevent deletion of files. http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/c...-ch-5-sect-2.1

Comment

If you still need to let people write to the file(s), your only option is a hook script which rejects any commit containing a delete on files you don't want deleted.

Comment

hello andy

can u send me any example project or file which is using the hook script which explains how to use hook scripts to provide protection to a file or project

Comment

There are sample hook scripts in every repository. Look in the hooks directory.

Google for svnperms.py

Comment

thank you adny

thank you andy

Comment

Can you please suggest the code for prevent delete for all files

Comment

First, please understand that you can't really delete anything from a Subversion repository short of a repository dump followed by a filter followed by a load - a completely "offline" operation. The best you can do is to remove files/directories/symlinks from the *next revision*. The removed stuff will still be easily seen in the prior revisions.

As for suggesting code to prevent the removal - the "svnperms.py" hook script pointed to above can enable access control with fineness to prevent the removal operation (as distinct from add, etc.).

Comment

In my system Python is not installed.Can you please suggest the some other programming language

Comment

In general, any programming language can be used: C, C++, Perl, Bash, etc. There's an art to choosing which language because the wrong choice will make your life very difficult. For something this complex, I'd sady that Bash is insufficient. Python/Perl are excellent choices.

That said, the "svnperms.py" will need to be re-written in whatever language you choose - or something very similar in design. So, the big question is "Why not just get Python installed on your SVN server machine?" It's usually a lot easier than re-writing and re-debugging a chunk of code that's already working...

Comment

i installed python in my system and please give a code example to restrict the delete option in svn for particular users.

Comment

Since you've installed Python, please hunt down and install the "svnperms.py" scripting mentioned earlier in this thread. Possibly the best source is here: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sub.../hook-scripts/

Comment

Working...
                        X