branch error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• branch error

I placed this thread in this forum in addition to the 'general setup and trouble shooting forum'. In the future, can you tell me what forum group I should ask this question to?

I am basically having problems checkin, checkout code, and use the checkout code right away for a visual studio.net 2008 project.
    I want to checkin some code to a different branch of subversion since I changed about 75% of the the application. However, I was getting all kind of errors when I tried to check in the code to a different branch.
    To solve this problem, I removed all the anksvn files and checked the code in to a different branch. This seemeed to work great. However when I checked out the code to use again, the Visual Studio.net 2008 lost all of its linking.
    Thus can you tell me what I can do to solve this problem? Also, do I need to be working with certain version of ANKSVN for this process to work correctly?

The error message I am getting is commit failed (details follow): File not found:transaction '8-b',path '/browser/specfile.

I would like to know if the following is an option:
    The problem is the people who setup the subversion repository and who checked the code into subversion are no longer working for this company. The contractor who wrote the .net code went out of business. Thus,
    basically I have to work on this myself with hopefully suggestions from you.
    To solve the problem, is there a way that I can remove all the subversion files and subversion connections that are placed into the visual studio.net 2008 code? Basically if I can work with the visual studio.net 2008 code like it was never checked into subversion, that might solve the problem. If this is possible can you tell me and/or point me to a reference on how to accomplish my goal?
    Also if I am able remove the subversion files and readd it to subversion like it was a new file, I want to make certain I do not lose the way the .net application keeps track of how it links all of its files together.
    Last edited by jassie; 12-14-2011, 08:51 PM. Reason: forgot a few details

Originally posted by jassie View Post
    I placed this thread in this forum in addition to the 'general setup and trouble shooting forum'. In the future, can you tell me what forum group I should ask this question to?
    You only left it a few hours before reposting your question. Most of us probably only visit the forum once a day -- so please have patience.

If you would like a copy of your code without the Subversion Working Copy stuff, you can use the svn export command (as opposed to svn checkout). Here is the command reference in the manual: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/s....c.export.html

You need to consult the Ankh documentation to see if an equivalent command exists in Ankh.

Comment

Working...
    X