Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• documents workflow: managing states

Hello,

I would like to manage a workflow for files in a repository. It is some states like "proposal", "validated", "toreview", "refused" for each files. States could be changed by 2 roles : author and validator.

I did not find any stuff about that on the web, so I'm thinking on how to implements it.

Here is the first ideas I got :

- use of a subversion property : workflow
    - use of a script like commit-access-control.pl. The configuration will define users's role.

On an "author" commit the pre-commit hook will check that the "author" has set the property "workflow" to "proposal".
    On an "validator" commit the pre-commit hook will check that the "validator" has set the property "workflow" to one of states "validated", "toreview", "refused".

This system needs another script which can retreive files for one "state", to help "validators" and "authors" to know which documents needs to be processed.

Do you know if there is already some existing scripts which implement this feature ?
    Do you think there is another method to implement it with subversion ?
    Any idea and comment is welcome !

Cheers
    Cyrille

Work flow is not part of Subversion, Subversion is a SCM and nothing more.
    You can use ticketing system like trac or bugzilla for it and link them to Subversion.
    Though it sound like a great idea to do it.
    You can use Subversion propeties and set custom properties for your work flow and map users in group in auth file and check it during commit in pre-commit.

Let me know if you are really convinced that you are going to do it. It will be fun implementing.

Comment

Thanks for your answer.
      I've understand the solution to link the scm with a ticket system.
      I'll have a look at flyspray (www.flyspray.org) to add remote actions and call them from subversion's hooks.
      cheers
      cyrille.

Comment

Originally posted by cyrille37 View Post
        Thanks for your answer.
        I've understand the solution to link the scm with a ticket system.
        I'll have a look at flyspray (www.flyspray.org) to add remote actions and call them from subversion's hooks.
        cheers
        cyrille.
        Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X