Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Action in pre-commit hook

Hi,

I need Action(A or M) in pre-commit hook.

I going to check file content using svnlook cat, if file contains certain string(some ******) i need to block the commit if it is add operation(Action). otherwise do nothing.

thanks.

thanks,

i have found the solution by using svnlook changed cmd

i have another question how can i checkout the single file from repository ???

like svn co URL(Url of particular file not a path) path(path to localfile)

thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by satheesh View Post
      thanks,

i have found the solution by using svnlook changed cmd

i have another question how can i checkout the single file from repository ???

like svn co URL(Url of particular file not a path) path(path to localfile)

thanks,
      You cannot check out a single file from the repository. The smallest unit that can be checked out is a directory.

You can get a file from the repository with svn cat or svn export, but it will not be linked back to the repository in a meaningful way.

Comment

If you want the file contents associated with the transaction in a pre-commit use "svnlook cat -t TXN"

Comment

Thanks of quick reply,

Is it possible to --bypass the hooks while committing the file using svn commit ???

Comment

Originally posted by satheesh View Post
            Thanks of quick reply,

Is it possible to --bypass the hooks while committing the file using svn commit ???
            A hook script cannot be bypassed unless it is coded to exit without doing anything under specific circumstances.

Comment

Working...
            X