Finding Checked Out Files/Folders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Checked Out Files/Folders

Is there a way to find out all the folders and files that have been checked out from SVN to my local PC? Thanks so much!

1. Find all of the SVN working copies by searching for the ".svn" folders. In older working copy areas there is a ".svn" per directory so you'll have to screen out the sub-directory sets (if using an older version then you can probably search for one of the files that are only in the top-level ".svn" directory). Newer SVN only has the ".svn" at the top.
    2. Then, for each working copy, run "cd workingCopyDirectory; svn status -v".

Searching is platform specific so no comment here.

Comment

I [I]checked, but[/I] I am not finding the files, Cal anyone help you with that?

Comment

I am not following?!

NOTE: it's a 2-step process to determine all of the folders and files checked out from Subversion.

Step 1: find all of the working copies,
        Step 2: run "svn status -v" in the root of the working copy.

The only way that I know of to find all of the working copies is to search the file systems mounted on your computer for ".svn" directories. Newer versions of SVN only have 1 of those in the top-level of the working copy. Older versions have ".svn" directories in every folder/directory checked out.

Comment

Working...
        X