Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to trace download history

Hello everyone,
    I was wondering if is there any way to trace download history of files on SVN. I just want to know who downloaded certain files, not revision histories. If any one can share your knowledge, it would be so helpful.

Thank you.

Which access mechanism are you using? Apache? svnserve? file:/// ?

Also, which version of Subversion do you have deployed?

Comment

Hi DougR,

I am not sure which mechanism I am using. I downloaded a install fie from [url]https://tortoisesvn.net/[/url]. My Tortoise SVN Version is 1.9.4.27285.

Comment

I attached a screen shot of my SVN property.

Comment

Who setup your server? Please ask them for that information. The client is not important - only the server.

Also, if you're using a TortoiseSVN client then you must have configured it somehow to talk to the server. What did that look like?

Comment

I have a project server to setup, it looks like this; [url]https://gpsvn.(companyname).com:1111/SVN/(project[/url] name) Is it the one that you are asking?

Comment

Yes, that's the URL. It says that you're server is running Apache with SVN. That means that you're going to need to look at the Apache logs on the server.

Assuming that the lots have been kept for a long enough duration to meet your needs, then you'll need to parse out the information you're looking for.
              One difficulty is that, in general, download protocol logging will log the highest directory in the repository that is getting checked out - NOT every file.
              So you have to assume that if you see a "GET" on a directory above the file you're looking for then that file was downloaded as well.

Comment

Could you guide me to download how to download protocol log? I tried this way: right click on my repository(the highest repository folder)> Tortoise SVN>show log. But I do not think this is the way you described.

Comment

Unfortunately, the SVN client will not have any access what-so-ever to the Apache log files. You will need access to the server. Given this is Windows I'm not sure exactly where the log files are located. However, if you can find the Apache configuration files they will absolutely point to where the logging is going.

Comment

Working...
                  X