Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DougR
    replied
    Repository deletion is done using your host operating system directory cleanup commands. On RHEL 7 that would be the "rm -rf pathToRepo" command.

The "svn delete" command is deleting objects from the latest revision within a repository - it is NOT deleting the repository.

Leave a comment:

• Not able to delete a repo from the CLI for Subversion

Hi

I'm cleaning up Subversion repos that got spread out by accident and going to upgrade Subversion from v 1.6.11 to a newer version on a new RHEL7 VM.

There are repos that were created that are either no longer used or were created haphazardly. The daemon is on and I can grep successfully from the CLI.

I'm trying to use the following command via the CLI to delete a repo:

[FONT=courier new]svn delete -m "delete repo that is no longer needed" file:///data/svn/dept_A/test
    svn: 'file:///data/svn/IMO' isn't in the same repository as 'file:///data/svn/dept_A/test'[/FONT]

[URL]http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.ref.svn.c.delete.html[/URL]

I've also tried to use the ip address too and got this error message:

[FONT=courier new]svn rm svn://192.168.5.49/dept_A/test -m "delete repo"
    Authentication realm: <svn://192.168.5.49:3690> 678af798-5732-4a81-9cfb-4040117c6091
    Password for 'user':
    svn: 'svn://192.168.5.49/dept_A' isn't in the same repository as 'svn://192.168.5.49/dept_A/test'[/FONT]

I was able to delete another repo via TortoiseSVN with no issues, and leave a comment. However I would feel more comfortable doing the cleanup the CLI.

Can someone advise me on what I'm doing incorrectly or is there another way to do this?

thanks
Working...
X