Subversion repo is missing files under /conf directory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subversion repo is missing files under /conf directory

I'm new and learning Subversion on a repo setup in our development environment which lives in a VMWare vCenter. I has a Windows 10 VM for the desktop and using TortoiseSVN to access the Subversion repo.

Some of the repos I can log in without providing a user id and password. If examining the /conf directory, it is missing the standard files or authz, passwd and svnserve.conf. However, each repo has these files under /conf. I'm not sure if I can take any of these previous mentioned files and place them into /conf and it will add security into the repo again or not?

And other parts of the repo under /conf has these files, but even if I setup a user name and password under passwd, I'm still not able to log in successfully via TortoiseSVN. Is there anyway to troubleshoot this?

thanks

In general, it is fine to copy some of the more general config files from one repository to another, as long as the version of the repositories is the same. Double-check by comparing the 2 format files in each repository for identical settings: if they are then it should be ok to copy.

If there are paths in the settings, then those paths could be specifying repository-specific information so be careful.

The "svnserve.conf" file contains the path to the authz file: depending on your implementation requirements that path can be repository specific or repository agnostic.

Comment

Working...
    X