Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to allow team to connect to my SVN.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to allow team to connect to my SVN.

So I've used VisualSVN Server to make a repository on my HDD. However no one outside of home can connect to it.

[url]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/495681161176023040/501552789277769748/unknown.png[/url]

Any one have any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

The error "No such host is known" means that your client could not look up the IP address for that hostname. It's not registered with DNS and there's no entry for it in the "hosts" file (found in c:\[B]Windows[/B]\System32\Drivers\etc\[B]hosts).[/B]

Comment

What would be the best thing to do about it?

Comment

Let's assume that you signed up for DDNS (assuming your home router's IP address is supplied by your internet provider's DHCP server). Then you could configure your home router to route incoming traffic on a specific port to your specific machine that hosts your repository. Everyone could then use that DDNS address and the specific port you select to have VisualSVN listen on (I would definitely choose a NON-DEFAULT port).

NOTE: I would also STRONGLY suggest that you enable SSL (self signed, at a minimum).

Comment

[QUOTE=DougR;n80444]Let's assume that you signed up for DDNS (assuming your home router's IP address is supplied by your internet provider's DHCP server). Then you could configure your home router to route incoming traffic on a specific port to your specific machine that hosts your repository. Everyone could then use that DDNS address and the specific port you select to have VisualSVN listen on (I would definitely choose a NON-DEFAULT port).

NOTE: I would also STRONGLY suggest that you enable SSL (self signed, at a minimum).[/QUOTE]

Is there any guide on how to go about this? I'm using Verizon Fios at the moment but where would I have signed up for DDNS? When I installed VisualSVN Sever?

Comment

If you have any ability at all to manage your FIOS router, then look through it to see if there are any sections on DDNS. If not then, well, log a support call to FIOS.
            My ASUS router clearly has the capability. In terms of "When do you sign up?" the answer is "Whenever you want." Just google "ddns service providers" - some are zero cost.

Comment

Working...
            X