Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVN Folders

Dear Forum Members;

I am here to seek your inputs in understanding when would certain folders would get created in SVN.
    Folder's like conf, db, hooks, locks etc.

I see these folder's got created under my name in repository and but i am not sure how or what action that would create.
    I generally use SVN to pick latest files.
    Please let me know.

Thank you.

If you're talking about the contents of the repository's directory then all of those artifacts are created during "svnadmin create".
    However, you should never be looking in those directories - they're private to the SVN server implementation.
    You should be communicating with the SVN server either via Apache/mod_dav_svn and/or "svnserve".

Comment

Dear Group member,

Can you help how to protect delete commit to the repository, if file or derectory is deleted by some user, how to restore it to the repository.

Comment

In general, you should create a new posting if the subjects are that different.

In any case, Subversion does not have a "permanent delete" operation (unless you do a "svnadmin dump | filter | svnadmin load" - meaning you have direct access to the repository). So you can always find the file/directory in one of the previous revisions, then "svn copy" it back where it belongs.

Comment

Working...
        X