Cannot Add Project to Subversion Because It is Out of Working Copy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Add Project to Subversion Because It is Out of Working Copy

I have a solution named PIZ that contains two projects: PIZ and PIZSetup. They are located under c:\Devel 10.1\PIZ and c:\Devel 10.1\PIZSetup, respectively.

When I tried to add the solution PIZ into subversion, it asked me the working copy root. If I choose folder PIZ, then project PIZSetup is excluded and when I tried to add it to subversion, it generated error saying that it is out of the working copy.

If I set the working copy root as c:\Devel 10.1, the parent folder of both projects, then neither project seems to be added as no yellow dots showing on any of the files in the project and I cannot check in or check out any of the files.

Please help! Thanks.

What type of "projects" are "PIZ" and "PIZSetup"?

What version of SVN are you using? SmartSVN?

How did you create your current working copy?

Comment

"PIZ" is a WPF Windows application project and "PIZSetup" is an InstallShield setup project for PIZ.

I'm using VisualSVN 5.1.8.

As I described in my original post, I tried several ways to create working copy, and none of them work.

Comment

The fact that you got an "out of working copy" error message indicates that you now have a working copy at "c:\Devel 10.1\PIZ". That's unfortunate if you want to version them at the same time to the same repository - since then you really want the working copy root to be "c:\Devel 10.1". At this point be very careful. You're going to want to undo the working copy at "c:\Devel 10.1\PIZ". Exit VisualStudio/VisualSVN. Then back up both projects to some other place completely - just in case. Then use Windows Explorer (or a command shell) to remove the ".svn" folder from the "c:\Devel 10.1\PIZ" directory. Check to see that all of your project is still intact. Start up the VisualStudio/VisualSVN set. Then set the root of the working copy to be "c:\Devel 10".

NOTE: I've never used either VisualStudio/VisualSVN but this should work. Not sure how to connect the working copy to your repository... I'm assuming that's clear from the "working copy root" operation - but if not then I'm out of suggestions.

Comment

Working...
        X