Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Dump files in Single repo

Hi,

I have 5 dump files. Each 5 dump files having branch, trunk and tags folders. I want to load all these 5 dump files in my existing SVN repository. I donít want to create new repository for all 5 dump files. When I am loading dump file, 5 dump files related branches, tags and trunk should be overwrite with existing repository branch, trunk and tag folders.

For example:-

I have a.dump, b.dump and c.dump files. Each dump file having own branches, tag & trunk folders. I want to load all these dump file in single repository.

My repository name is TEST. Under in TEST repo already I have branch , trunk and tag folders. When I am loading a.dump in to TEST repo, a.dump related branches, tags and trunk should be overwrite with TEST repo branch, trunk and tag folders.

Please confirm whether this can be possible or not. If yes, please share the steps.

Regards,
    Suri

After reading through http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/s....maint.migrate I'd definitely say it's possible, though I'd definitely recommend loading each dumpfile into a separate folder in the repository in case there's any sort of conflict. Then once everything's loaded you can check out a working copy of the new repository, reorganise everything how you want it and commit it after the layout is all set.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks for your update. My expectation is Without creating new repository , I want to load dump file in my existing repository.
      I have two repositories, I want to take dump file of my first repository and it should be loaded in to my second repository without creating new repo.

First repository branches should be overwrite in to second repository branches without creating any new folders.

Comment

Well, I'd make a copy of the existing repo and then have a go - there'll only be conflict issues if there's any of the same files in different dump files, hence my suggestion of loading each one into a separate folder then rearranging it yourself before committing.

Comment

Working...
        X