Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVN Edge

Hi,

Can anyone please share difference between enterprise Subversion vs Subversion Edge.
    I am planning to install enterprise Subversion in Linux server but my administrator suggested to install Subversion edge instead of enterprise Subversion.
    I just want to know difference between enterprise Subversion and Subversion edge. Please share your suggestions.

Regards,
    Suri

Well enterprise subversion isn't a specific program, there's a number of enterprise subversion solutions of which Subversion Edge is one. If you just install the apache subversion for example, you'll just have the command line svn and svnadmin tools whereas Edge comes with a web based user interface for configuration and management etc.

It depends what you're looking for really, without knowing what sort of setup you're hoping to achieve it's hard to offer advice. If the web UI sounds useful though then go for Edge, but if you're happy working on the command line instead then perhaps one of the Subversion installs without that would be better - though you can use the command line tools with Edge as well.

Comment

Working...
    X