Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCM Clearcase to Subversion

Hi All,

We are currently using UCM clearcase in our project. We are planning to Migrate UCM clearcase to Subversion. UCM clearcase is installed in Windows and Subversion is installed in Linux.
    I have seen some Clearcase to Subversion migration tools in Google, but those tools are cost involved. I am looking for free open source tool. Free open source tool I have identified CC2SVN.
    But that tool is not tested in windows and also I am not sure whether CC2SVN meet my requirement or not.

Can anyone please suggest me some UCM clearcase windows to Subversion Linux server migration tool, it would be more helpful for me.

Regards,
    Suresh

Are your repositories hosted on one machine or several? If it's only one machine, if that's linux then you should be fine to use cc2svn as it'd only be the repositories that you need to move.

Comment

Originally posted by orbrey View Post
      Are your repositories hosted on one machine or several? If it's only one machine, if that's linux then you should be fine to use cc2svn as it'd only be the repositories that you need to move.
      Thanks for your prompt response. Subversion server is Linux and repo is going to host on one machine. UCM clearcase is running on Windows. But i am not sure CC2SVN is supported in Windows or not

Comment

So the current clearcase server is hosted on Windows? If that's the case, can you copy the repositories over to the linux box that'll be hosting the subversion repositories and then convert them to svn repositories once they're copied over?

If not and they're currently hosted on linux you shouldn't need to worry about using cc2svn on Windows, as it's only the repositories you need to convert. These steps should sort it:

1) Make sure Subversion is installed on the Linux server, and is set up and working.
        2) Make sure all CC repos are up to date, and nothing needs to be committed.
        3) Convert the repositories on the linux box from clearcase to svn using cc2svn (if possible, make copies so you still have the CC repositories just in case).

That should be about it - from there it's a case of installing subversion clients on the windows machines, checking out the working copy from the repository and then resuming work.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by orbrey View Post
          So the current clearcase server is hosted on Windows? If that's the case, can you copy the repositories over to the linux box that'll be hosting the subversion repositories and then convert them to svn repositories once they're copied over?

If not and they're currently hosted on linux you shouldn't need to worry about using cc2svn on Windows, as it's only the repositories you need to convert. These steps should sort it:

1) Make sure Subversion is installed on the Linux server, and is set up and working.
          2) Make sure all CC repos are up to date, and nothing needs to be committed.
          3) Convert the repositories on the linux box from clearcase to svn using cc2svn (if possible, make copies so you still have the CC repositories just in case).

That should be about it - from there it's a case of installing subversion clients on the windows machines, checking out the working copy from the repository and then resuming work.

Hope that helps.
          Yes, Clearcase UCM server hosted on Windows. Do you want to copy Clearcase windows hosted VOBS to Subversion Linux server? How can I do this?
          Subversion is hosted on Linux. I want to migrate UCM vobs which are hosted on windows to Subversion(Hosted on Linux).
          My question is, whether CC2SVN support UCM windows hosted VOBS migration to Linux Hosted Subversion. If not any other open source tool available in the market.

Comment

Hi,

Not sure if CC2SVN supports moving the VOB files/folders, but there's a guide on how to move them from Windows to Linux here: https://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoc.../c_relo_mv.htm

Once they've been moved and all the permissions corrected you can then use CC2SVN on the linux box to convert them to Subversion repositories.

Comment

Working...
            X