Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subclipse and SVN Client

Hi All,

Just wanted to check with anyone , is it possible to execute svn task from Ant script without installing any svn client?

Here's my case.
    1. I have an Eclipse Juno and Subclipse 1.6.
    2. I have a set of ant scripts for build and deploy.
    3. In my deploy script, I have added the required jar files (e.g. svnant, svnClientAdapter, svnkit-1.7.8, svnkit-cli-1.7.8, svnkit-javahl16-1.7.8 etc) in classpath
    4. I'm using Java 1.6
    5. OS is Win7 64-bit

But when I execute my script, it shows this error:

svn: E155007: '<wokspace>' is not a working copy

When I installed TortoiseSVN, my script works. I therefore conclude that I need svn client to make my scripts work.
    But, what I initially planned to do is to make the scripts run without installing any svn thick client and instead just use svnkit pure java svn client.

Is that possible? If yes, what did I possibly miss doing?
    Thanks,
    Kendz
    Last edited by kendz20; 04-29-2014, 05:45 AM.

Hi,

You could try installing just the command line subversion client, rather than getting any sort of extra frontend for it? You can download that from us here: http://www.wandisco.com/subversion/download#windows

Apologies if that's not what you were after?

Comment

Hi orbrey,

Thanks so much for your reply.
      I will try this out.
      But is it possible to make the scripts work without installing any other types of clients apart from the SVNkit which is already in Subclipse?

Thanks,
      Kendz

Comment

Hi,

Yes that should be possible as long as you're using a version with SVNKit. It's the JavaHL clients that require the subversion client to be installed as well.

Regarding the error in your original post, not sure why the folder's not registering as a working copy - is it possible to add all files from there and commit using subclipse so that it's registered as such, or if not is it possible to check out a fresh copy (for the same reason)?

Comment

Hi orbrey,

Thanks for your reply.
          Yes I installed SVNKit, which I think is part of Subclipse. But when I checked, my subclipse and its components' versions are no longer updated. But when I tried to update to 1.8, I'm getting intermittent errors and one of those is that I can't proceed with the upgrade because the 'Next' button is disabled even if the Details section shows an update will be performed.

Regards,
          Kendz

Comment

Hi orbrey,

I was able to update my Subclipse and SVNKit but when I executed my build script, I kept on getting this error:

svn: E200015: authentication cancelled

I have already deleted the .keyring file and logged in again to SVN. The log in was successful (by doing update) but my script fails.

I did a test, I installed TortoiseSVN and my script worked. Then I removed it, I got the same error.

Is there any configuration that I missed?

Thanks,
            Kendz

Comment

It's possible, from checking around it looks like you may need to change some settings in the .subversion directory: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5...tion-cancelled

Hope that helps?

Comment

Hi orbrey,

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the help.
                My scripts are now running without SVNClient.
                What I did was, I cleared all the SVN, Tortoise (previously installed), eclipse log in credentials and setup my eclipse again from the scratch.

Deleting the Subversion folder alone didn't solve it though the idea gave me enough to come up with cache clearing of EVERYTHING.

Thanks once again

Regards,
                Kendz

Comment

No worries at all, really glad I could help - fantastic news on getting it all working as you like

Hope all goes well, if there's anything else at all please drop a post back.

Comment

Working...
                  X