Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Tortoise SVN clients are supported on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1

Hello,

I am looking for a supported platforms list for Tortoise SVN v1.6.x, 1.7.x and above - mainly against the Windows operating systems.

We need to know if the earlier versions i.e 1.6.x and 1.7.x are supported on Windows 8 & 8.1 before we begin our tests. The release notes from the download links are not helpful in this matter.

Request for help in finding the relevant updated documentation for windows platforms.Hopefully this will also have continued information about the latest v1.8.x versions.

Regards,
    Nisha

Hi there,

See what you're saying regarding the documentation, though I'd suggest giving it a try anyway - if it doesn't work out of the box then try the compatibility mode setting for XP SP3 which should help.

I've seen one issue on Windows 8 with checkouts not working, but installing cygwin and pointing tortoise to the ssh client in there instead of the built in one (via the settings panel) sorted the issue so it definitely does work on Windows 8.

If you need updated documentation the best bet would be to ask the developers directly - their mailing lists are viewable online at http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewForums.do

Hope that offers some help,

Matt

Comment

Working...
    X