Attempting to maintain two separate Subversion version on the same machine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attempting to maintain two separate Subversion version on the same machine

1.6.11 is installed, and we'll keep it that way for now. (I can't imagine the trouble of trying to upgrade the whole system.)

But I installed 1.7.14 from source code. (I used ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/, but it still seemed to have installed everything in the directory where I initially untarred everything.)

Anyway, so when I go into /usr/local/subversion/svn, and run "svn info https://server/repository", I get

svn: Version mismatch in 'svn_diff': found 1.6.11, expected 1.7.14
    svn: Version mismatch in 'svn_delta': found 1.6.11, expected 1.7.14
    svn: Version mismatch in 'svn_ra': found 1.6.11, expected 1.7.14
    svn: Version mismatch in 'svn_wc': found 1.6.11, expected 1.7.14
    svn: Version mismatch in 'svn_client': found 1.6.11, expected 1.7.14
    svn: Version mismatch in 'svn_subr': found 1.6.11, expected 1.7.14

So, I'm still learning, but my impression is that repositories are built on their own version, so I'd have to update the repository itself with "svn update" as well, to use the new Subverion version. But only one user is going to be using subversion 1.7. And I don't even know how I'd upgrade everything.

Am I completely wrong? Is there another way to do this?

I don't even know if it really is possible, but I'd like two separate installations of subversion on one machine, that both access the same (lower) version of a couple repositories that exist on another machine. Possible?
    Last edited by jamesk; 12-11-2013, 02:50 PM.

Hi James,

Many apologies for the delays in getting back to you.

Are you trying to set up 2 versions of Subversion clients or 2 versions of Subversion servers on a single machine?

I really hope you managed to get this sorted however if you still have any issues, please let us know.

Comment

Working...
    X