1.7.x/10.9 Mac pkg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.7.x/10.9 Mac pkg

Is there any chance of getting a 1.7.x/10.9 pkg? Or, is there a way to disable the 1.7 installer's OS version check?

A colleague and I have both upgraded to Mac OS X 10.9. My colleague already had the Subversion-Client-1.7.13_10.8.x.pkg installed prior to upgrading, whereas I did not. The 1.7 pkg will not install in 10.9. We need 1.7 with javahl for the project we're on, and my attempts at using HomeBrew, and compiling from source, have both led me down rat-holes that I want to abort. The 1.7/10.8 pkg provided by wandisco appears to work fine in the 10.9 environment after that mac that was upgraded, but the installer prevents the 1.7/10.8 pkg from installing in 10.9, and there is no 1.7/10.9 pkg available.

TIA

Thanks to cplock, who contacted me through email.

With his help, I was able to work around this by using the following script, which unpacks the existing 1.7.13 pkg, runs its preinstall script, moves the files into place, and then runs the postinstall script:

Code:
    #!/bin/sh -x

PKG_NAME=Subversion-Client-1.7.13_10.8.x.pkg

pkgutil --expand ${PKG_NAME} /tmp/${PKG_NAME}
    /tmp/${PKG_NAME}/subversion.pkg/Scripts/preinstall
    pushd /tmp/${PKG_NAME}/subversion.pkg
    tar xf Payload
    sudo mv opt/subversion /opt
    popd
    /tmp/${PKG_NAME}/subversion.pkg/Scripts/postinstall
    rm -rf /tmp/${PKG_NAME}

Comment

The 1.7 pkg will not install in 10.9. We need 1.7 with javahl for the project we're on, and my attempts at using HomeBrew, and compiling from source

Comment

Working...
      X