Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apache showing wrong version

Hello,

I have compiled version 1.7.8 of SubVersion on my existing SVN server - right now it is running 1.1.4 After the compile, the command-line utilities show the right version, but the web page shows 1.1.4 still in the line at the bottom of the page. I ran svnadmin upgrade on one of the repositories - now SVN can't access it at all. I'm suspecting it is because of a wrong version.

How do I direct Apache to use the correct SVN binaries?

I should mention - I'm not the person who built this - they are long gone!

Thanks,

Brian

Hi there,

How did you perform the upgrade?

Comment

(Assuming this is your RedHat system) The apache config file determines which modules are loaded. By default it will load the modules from /usr linked to the Subversion libraries in /usr and will ignore the modules and libraries in /usr/local. If your build of 1.7.8 included mod_dav_svn and it used the same apr and apr-util as Apache then you can edit the Apache config file to load the modules from /usr/local (or which ever path you chose for the 1.7.8 mod_dav_svn).

Comment

Looking on my system, I see a /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_dav_svn.so and /usr/local/svn_1.7.8/include/subversion-1/mod_dav_svn.h Since these are different file types, I assume I cannot use the .h instead of the .so file. How can I create the .so that the module command needs? Or can I direct it to load the .h?

Mand - to upgrade the repo I used svnadmin -upgrade /path/to/repo (and made sure that it used the 1.7.8 version of svnadmin)

Thanks,

Brian

Comment

mod_dav_svn.so is the module. I'd exepct /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_dav_svn.so to be the original 1.1.4 module, you should be able to tell by looking at the timestamp. Your build of 1.7.8 needs to be configured to build mod_dav_svn, it should happen automatically if it finds the right things or you can use an explicit --with-apxs.

Comment

Working...
          X