Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WANdisco Windows installer unattended installation switches?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANdisco Windows installer unattended installation switches?

I am currently working on automating the installation of Subversion via Chef on Windows for my company's fleet of development workstations and build servers. Using the 1.7.2-2 vanilla package.

I noticed that the WANDisco installer uses the NSIS package format, which allows '/S', '/NCRC', and '/D=dir' switches, but there seems to be no documentation for the other switches for silent mode, as using '/S' when invoking the .EXE file pre-installs the Subversion server but does not include the Subversion path in the PATH environment variable. Are there any more switches that I can use so I can automate the following operations:

* do not configure Apache HTTPD for serving SVN repositories (in short, just install the client)
    * include the installation path of WANDisco subversion binaries in the PATH environment variable

Thanks!

I am hoping to get working more on our Windows Installer ideally it would be really nice to do that i could try and see if we do support any other switches.

Comment

This morning i did a YUM UPDATE and was surprised to see an SVN 1.7.7-1 update listed. This got me a bit concerned since their are no release notes posted anyplace for this version. This raised some red-flags for me from a security perspective.

Comment

.EXE file pre-installs the Subversion server but does not include the Subversion path in the PATH environment variable. Are there any more switches that I can use so I can automate the following operations:

Comment

This got me a bit concerned since their are no release notes posted anyplace for this version. This raised some red-flags for me from a security perspective.

Comment

Anyone installing SVN 1.7.anything at this point can't possibly be concerned about security because it is no longer actively supported. See here:

https://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/
            That said, the 1.7.7 version was definitely released by the Subversion committer community - you can find it in their archives.

As for the "-1" suffix, WANdisco publishes 2 types of Subversion releases:
            1. Completely unmodified, built and tested and free for use by anyone.
            2. Modified Subversion for use with WANdisco's Subversion MultiSite Plus product.
            The former are pure open source.

The latter are modified to intercept the FSFS interface requests to enable Active-Active replication of Subversion repositories. These binaries should only be present on servers that are installed with WANdisco's Subversion MultiSite Plus product - that's the only place they are relevant. However, it's not a crisis if they are inappropriately installed: they function as generic Subversion unless activated by specific changes to the repository configuration files.

Comment

Working...
            X